These publications are listed in chronological order. Some of these publications are available in Adobe® Acrobat® (.pdf). You may download Adobe Reader from Adobe's Web site free of charge.
Links to outside organizations are maintained solely for the user's information and convenience. Please note that the Governor’s Office of Gang and Youth Violence Policy does not control and cannot guarantee the content, relevance, timeliness or accuracy of outside information. Further, the inclusion of links to particular items is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to constitute approval or endorsement of any views expressed or implied, or products or services offered.
- The UNITY Policy Platform: What cities need to prevent violence before it occurs (.pdf)
Urban Networks to Increase Thriving Youth, A Prevention Institute Initiative, December 2010.
- Homicide in California, 1981-2006: Measuring the Impact of Los Angeles and Gangs on Overall Patterns (.pdf)
Tita, George, Ph.D. and Abrahamse, Allen for the Governor's Office of Gang and Youth Violence Policy, April 2010.
- Youth in Gangs: Who Is at Risk? (.pdf)
National Council on Crime and Delinquency, July 2009.
- National Youth Gang Survey Analysis
National Youth Gang Center, updated June 2009.
- OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model: Planning for Implementation (.pdf)
U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, May 2009.
- Closing California’s Division of Juvenile Facilities: An Analysis of County Institutional Capacity (.pdf)
Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice, May 2009.
- Youth Violence Myths and Realities: A Tale of Three Cities (.pdf)
National Council on Crime and Delinquency, February 2009.
- Youth Gang Violence and Guns: Data Collection in California (.pdf)
Violence Policy Center, February 2009.
- National Gang Threat Assessment, 2009 (.pdf)
National Gang Intelligence Center, January 2009.
- 2009-10 Budget Analysis Series: Criminal Justice Realignment (.pdf)
Legislative Analyst’s Office, January 2009.
- County Probation Camps and Ranches for Juvenile Offenders (.pdf)
California Research Bureau, November 2008.
- Juvenile Justice Reform: Realigning Responsibilities
Little Hoover Commission, July 2008.
- State Commission on Juvenile Justice: Interim Report to the Legislature (.pdf)
California State Commission on Juvenile Justice, May 2008.
- Implementing a Citywide Gang Violence Reduction Strategy, Three Promising Examples (.pdf)
California Cities Gang Prevention Network, 2008.
- A Parent’s Guide to Gangs (.pdf)
California Attorney General’s Office, Crime and Violence Prevention Center, 2008.
- Best Practices to Address Community Gang Problems (.pdf)
U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, November 2007.
- Developing a Local Action Plan (.pdf)
California Cities Gang Prevention Network, August 2007.
- Gang Wars: The Failure of Enforcement Tactics and the Need for Effective Public Safety Strategies (.pdf)
Justice Policy Institute, July 2007
- Juvenile Justice Data Project: A Partnership to Improve State and Local Outcomes
Center for Research on Crime, Psychology Department, University of Southern California, April 2007.
- Gang Homicide in LA, 1981-2001 (.pdf)
Tita, George, Ph.D. and Abrahamse, Allan for the California Attorney General's Office, At the Local Level: Perspectives on Violence Prevention, February 2004.
- Ending Gang Homicide: Deterrence Can Work (.pdf)
Wakeling, Stewart for the California Attorney General's Office, At the Local Level: Perspectives on Violence Prevention, February 2003.
- Never Too Early, Never Too Late…To Prevent Youth Crime and Violence (.pdf)
Little Hoover Commission, June 2001.